An international organization of builders, paddlers, and admirers of wooden and bark canoes.
Tue, Jul 12|
Paul Smith's College
WCHA International Assembly 2022
Join us at our first in-person assembly in three years! Reconnect with old friends and make new ones! Enjoy paddling with friends. Stroll the green and admire dozens of wood canoes. Take in the seminars and sessions to learn more about these incredible craft. Don't miss it! For details click on RSVP
Time & Location
Jul 12, 2022, 2:00 PM EDT – Jul 17, 2022, 10:00 AM EDT
Paul Smith's College, 7777 NY-30, Paul Smiths, NY 12970, USA
All of the Info!
When and Where
Tuesday afternoon, July 12, through Sunday morning, July 17, 2022.
Paul Smith's College campus in Paul Smiths NY, in the hear of the Adirondack Park, 12 miles NW of Saranac Lake.
Late Registration still available:
(Regular pre-registration has ended.)
Please complete the registration form (one form for your group) and submit it prior to July 1, 2022, if possible.
Our Executive Director, Annie Burke, will contact you to confirm and request payment.
For registration after July 1, please contact Annie Burke at 603-323-8992.
On-Site Check-In (to get your meal tickets and room keys)
Tues: 2:00 - 7:00pm
Wed-Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - noon
For check-in at other times, go to the Registration Tent for instructions.
In full if we are notified by June 21, 2022. Contact info below.
Registration Fee (17 and under, free registration)
$20/day or $80 for the whole event
Accommodations are available Tuesday night through Saturday night. Early Arrival: To arrange Monday night accommodations, please call or email (contact info below).
The following accomodation options are available (dorms and camping are on a first come first served basis, and by availability of requested accommodations). If you have not pre-registered, on-site requests for residence rooms are subject to availability.
Paul Smith's Covid Protocol currently requires proof of vaccination to stay in the dorms.
All beds are single beds. Each room (per bed) includes: 2 sheets, 1 pillow & pillowcase, 1 towel and 1 blanket. We suggest you bring your own extra pillow, blanket, towels, mattress pad, reading lamp and fan.
Kitchen facilities do not include utensils, pans, etc.
Laundry room in each dorm.
Kids can stay on the floor (bring your own bedding), under age 18, for no charge. No pets allowed in buildings.
- Franklin - SOLD OUT
- Essex - Near the water, closest to The Green. Each room has two beds and a private bath. NOT air conditioned. No kitchen facilities. $115 per room per night, single or double occupancy. 2 night minimum.
- Blum - SOLD OUT (One room left for Thursday through Saturday only) Single occupancy... $90/night Double occupancy... $110/night
- Hillside - Closer to the water than Saratoga or Lower St. Regis. NOT air conditioned. 2 beds per room. Every two rooms connected by one bath. Kitchen facilities in the building. Single occupancy... $85/night Double occupancy... $100/night
- Saratoga - Further from the water. NOT air conditioned. Traditional dorm style, 2 beds per room, with bathrooms down the hall. Kitchen facilities in the building. Single occupancy... $70/night Double occupancy... $85/night
- Lower St. Regis - Further from the water. Suite style dorms. Each bedroom has one single bed. Single occupancy per bedroom only. Each suite has four bedrooms, full kitchen and two bathrooms. AIR CONDITIONED $70/night/single room.
- PSC Alumni Campground - Tents only. No self-contained vehicles. - a limited nuimber of rustic tent sites and lean-to's, with outhouse facilities only. Shower facilites at PSC gym (hours of availability TBA). You MUST pre-register to stay in the Alumni Campground - no walk-ins during the event... $10/night for a tent site, $20/night for a lean-to.
- RV Camping - There will be a parking lot available for self-contained camping vehicles. No hook-ups available. Shower facilities at PSC gym (hours of availability TBA). $20/night
Meals can be provided by Paul Smith's College either in their dining room, or as "to go" meals so you can eat outdoors or in your dorm. Meal prices are shown on the registration form. If not all members of your party will be joining you for meals, please state which meals and how many people in the comments section at the bottom of the registration form.
Meals are simple college fare and are available in the Student Center dining hall. Children 12 and under eat free!
If you do not pre-register, you must pay cash at the door. Prices may vary and there may be limited meal availability.
Booth fee is $30 if paid with pre-registration or $40 if paid at Assembly.
Things to Remember
- If you plan on paddling, please remember to bring your PFD.
- The WCHA store will be open!
- Our annual Assembly auction will go ahead as planned. Remember to bring donations for both the auction and the raffle!
Need more Information?
Contact the WCHA office at 603-323-8992 or by email... firstname.lastname@example.org