An international organization of builders, paddlers, and admirers of wooden and bark canoes.
Tue, Jul 11|
Paul Smith's College
WCHA Annual Assembly 2023
Join us back at Paul Smith's College for another year! Click below to register for WCHA Assembly AND/OR meals and lodging for Adirondack Canoe Symposium. For ACS class registration, follow the link below or go to https://freestylecanoeing.com/adirondack-canoe-symposium/
Time & Location
Jul 11, 2:00 PM EDT – Jul 16, 11:00 AM EDT
Paul Smith's College, 7777 NY-30, Paul Smiths, NY 12970, USA
All of the Info!
When and Where
Tuesday afternoon, July 11, through Sunday morning, July 16, 2023.
Paul Smith's College campus in Paul Smiths NY, in the heart of the Adirondack Park, 12 miles NW of Saranac Lake.
Registration begins April 24.
Please complete the registration form (one form for your group) and submit it prior to June 20, 2023.
Our Executive Director, Annie Burke, will contact you to confirm and request payment.
For registration after June 20, please contact Annie Burke at 603-323-8992.
For Monday arrival, please contact Annie Burke to make special arrangements. 603-323-8992.
On-Site Check-In (to get your meal tickets and room keys)
Tues: 2:00 - 7:00pm
Wed-Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - noon
For check-in at other times, go to the Registration Tent for instructions.
Sunday by 11am. Sunday lunch is available if you require it. This is not included in the "full meal plan"
In full if we are notified before June 20, 2023. Contact info below.
Registration Fee (17 and under, free registration)
$20/day or $80 for the whole event
Accommodations are available Tuesday night through Saturday night. Early Arrival: To arrange Monday night accommodations, please call or email (contact info below).
The following accommodation options are available (dorms and camping are on a first come first served basis, and by availability of requested accommodations). If you have not pre-registered, on-site requests for residence rooms are subject to availability.
All beds are single beds (twin XL). New this year: Bring your own bedding.
Packing suggestions: Twin XL sheets, pillows, blankets or sleeping bag, mattress pad, towels, soap, shampoo, laundry soap, reading lamp and fan. The only thing in your room is a bed with a mattress. If you need anything else, you need to bring it.
Kitchen facilities do not include utensils, pans, etc.
Laundry room in each dorm.
Kids can stay on the floor (bring your own bedding), under age 16, for no charge. No pets allowed in buildings.
- Franklin - SOLD OUT Near the water, closest to The Green. Each room has two beds and a private bath. NOT air-conditioned. No kitchen facilities… $120 per room per night. (2 night minimum.)
- Essex - Near the water, close to The Green. Each room has two beds and a private bath. NOT air conditioned. No kitchen facilities... $120 per room per night, single or double occupancy. (2 night minimum.)
- Blum - SOLD OUT (Unless someone wants a room for just Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Contact Annie Burke at the number below to make arrangements if that is the case.)
- Hillside - A few minutes’ walk to the water and The Green. NOT air-conditioned. 2 beds per room. Every two rooms connected by one bath. Kitchen facilities in building... $100 per room per night
- Lakeside - Near the water. NOT air-conditioned. Traditional dorm style, 2 beds per room, with bathrooms down the hall. Kitchen facilities in building... $100 per room per night.
- Lower St. Regis - Further from the water. Suite style dorms. Each bedroom has one single bed. Single occupancy per bedroom only. Each suite has four bedrooms, full kitchen, and two bathrooms. AIR CONDITIONED... $70 per single room per night.
- PSC Alumni Campground - Tents only. No self-contained vehicles. - a limited nuimber of rustic tent sites and lean-to's, with outhouse facilities only. Shower facilites at PSC gym (hours of availability TBA). You MUST pre-register to stay in the Alumni Campground - no walk-ins during the event... $10/night for a tent site, $20/night for a lean-to.
- RV Camping - There will be a parking lot available for self-contained camping vehicles. No hook-ups available. Shower facilities at PSC gym (hours of availability TBA). $20/night
Meals can be provided by Paul Smith's College either in their dining room, or as "to go" meals so you can eat outdoors or in your dorm. Meal prices are shown on the registration form. If not all members of your party will be joining you for meals, please state which meals and how many people in the comments section at the bottom of the registration form.
Meals are simple college fare and are available in the Student Center dining hall. Children 12 and under eat free!
If you do not pre-register, you must pay for your meals at the door. Prices may vary and there may be limited meal availability.
Booth fee is $30 if paid with pre-registration or $40 if paid at Assembly.
Things to Remember
- If you plan on paddling, please remember to bring your PFD.
- The WCHA store will be open!
- Remember to bring donations for both the auction and the raffle!
Need more Information?
For WCHA Assembly contact the WCHA office at 603-323-8992 or by email... email@example.com.
For Adirondack Canoe Symposium contact Molly at 740-707-6655 or by email... firstname.lastname@example.org.